I’m not that negative about the Dominic Cummings job ad, because:
- Unlike a lot of people in governments everywhere, he seems to have a clue what he is doing.
- That a person who’s winning would quote Boyd is not a coincidence.
- Using a blog in this way (or Trump tweeting like he does) is the direct e-government that everybody has always been asking for. Not so fun now that we have it, is it?
- Governments and institutions are breaking or already are broken in this age. They do need large scale overhaul.
This is even worse in Germany where the institutions are bigger and the ahistorical denial of reality is immense. It’s going to be really ugly when they go down.
- A city like Berlin, that can’t get anything done to save its life, would probably be massively improved by this approach. Our local government here can’t find its own asshole without help from McKinsey. Please somebody do this for Berlin.