Complaining is easy. Learning how your organization works as described here by Cindy Sridharan is hard. Which of the two do you prefer to do?
- The mirage of aspiration
- Know how your org works
- Soft skills are hard skills
- Understand implicit hierarchies
- Cultures: top-down, bottom-up and both
- Get comfortable with the ‘mess’
- Look for small (and any) wins
- Understand org constraints and manage your expectations
“Get comfortable with the ‘mess'” and I can let you in on a small secret: everything is a mess.